Young children love playing on ride on toys, but there are so many different kinds so sometimes it’s hard to know what the best for your child would be. Here we have 5 tips to help you find the perfect ride on toy for your child no matter their age.
- Age is important when considering what toy to choose. There are ride on toys for 1 year olds, also known as ‘my first ride on’ which are easier for young children to use, and are often smaller so their feet can touch the ground with ease.
- You should also think about what your child is interested in. Some sit and ride toys are based on popular cartoon characters, so these are a great choice if your child is particularly interested in a certain show or character.
- If your child is a bit older, they might like more features such as lights, sound effects and more. Some children also enjoy tech toys which have realistic details such as horns and an ignition like a real car. Each toy has its own unique features, so shop around and see what catches your eye.
- Ride in cars are also a great choice, usually for slightly older toddlers although younger kids will still enjoy being pushed around. Little Tikes Cosy Coupe is a classic toy, and there are now many different variations for both boys and girls.
- If you want to get good value for money, you could look at gifts for one year old boys that enjoy a sit and ride toy which converts into different modes. Some convert from a riding toy to a scooter, so will provide years of usage and fun. Others offer a parent handle which can be used to push your child if they get tired, then removed once they are old enough to steer themselves around.